A micro-grant program activated by funds from the Department of Economic Development to assist small businesses in The City of Frederick impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and affiliated State Executive Orders *
- One-time grant award of $2,500 with no repayment due (This is not a loan)
- Limited to one award per business entity
- Eligible grant uses: building rent; mortgage payments; utilities
Criteria for Eligible Businesses:
- Must be a registered business entity in good standing with the State of Maryland
- Have physical establishment within The City of Frederick
- Have no more than 15 Full-Time employees (as of March 1, 2020)
- Engaged in activities currently regulated or impacted by the COVID-19 Maryland’s State of Emergency and have a license/permit associated to that regulation
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements
- Demonstrate a loss of business revenue of 50% or more related to COVID-19
- The following entities are NOT eligible:
- Home-based businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Banks & financial institutions
- Investment real-estate entities
- Food trucks
- Government agencies
Application and Review:
- Applications are available online here.
- A PDF version of the application is available by request.
- Applications will be processed on a first come, first serve basis – with five initial grants designated for each City business district (North, South, East, West, & Downtown) through April 15, 2020. After April 15, micro-grants will be awarded to eligible businesses in order of application submission, regardless of business location.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Department of Economic Development staff.
- This funding CAN be combined with other funding sources, tax credit programs, and state grant or loan programs.
- Awardees will be required to complete a disbursement form and must be able to produce receipts.
- Awardees will agree to report basic employment and business data for up to 2 years after the grant is issued so the program can track progress and success.
- Private donations to assist this program can be made through the Community Foundation’s Economic Development Fund.
- Awardees consent to be included in marketing and promotional materials.
Contact the Department of Economic Development at 301-600-6360 or at email@example.com additional information.