Golden Mile – The Selection Committee for New Police Chief wants your input
October 27, 2020 / GoldenMileAlliance / Uncategorized
As the search for Frederick’s next Chief of Police continues, Mayor O’Connor has tasked the External Search Committee with developing a comprehensive plan to garner public feedback. To ensure the committee engages various community stakeholders, there are many opportunities for you to share feedback and participate in the process.You are invited to participate in one or all of these forums over the next several weeks:
- Take the public survey at frederickmd.gov/chiefsearch
. Available in English and Spanish, you can answer the survey in 5 minutes. Paper versions of the survey are available at City Hall if needed and can be returned to the dropbox outside of City Hall along Church St. The survey will close on November 1, 2020.
- Participate in a Virtual Community Feedback Session. Consistent with the City’s determination that there will be no in-person meetings, there will be two virtual community feedback sessions to garner feedback.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 10AM
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 6PM
How to view:
- Cable: Channel 99
- Streaming: Channel 99 Online
- Closed Captioning
How to provide comments and feedback during meeting:
- Call 301-600-1213
- Comments will be limited to five minutes and offered during the public comment agenda item (per usual meeting protocols).
- Callers will be placed in a queue upon calling.
- Listen to and make comments at Virtual Committee Meetings. Our committee is meeting weekly on Thursday at 11:30a.m.* to discuss the search process. Listen in by calling 929-229-5669 and entering code 58654218#. Public comment is accepted near the end of each meeting.
- Submit written comment. Share additional thoughts/questions/concerns along the way here: frederickmd.gov/chieffeedback